Olivia is Two


I cannot believe how fast Olivia is growing up. However, I also feel she has been a part of my life forever because I can hardly recall life before she joined us. She is getting such a personality! She loves talking. Her words are making more and more sense as she names the things she sees. It is wonderful because good communication is key to avoiding emotional breakdowns around here. I still love to listen to her innocent singing and babbling though and let it remind me that she isn't all grown up just yet. She is very thoughtful, helpful and understanding. She gets Henry's burp cloth when he barfs, brings everyone's shoes to their owner when it is time to go somewhere, and knows just what you mean when you ask her to bring something to you. She also is a two-year-old though and reminds me when she looks me straight in the eyes to do something she knows is wrong, she wants to eat chocolate instead of dinner, and hates to go to bed for fear of missing out. She loves reading books and makes sure we read every day. The girl loves to accessorize, and reminds me to put back on her headband and necklace right after her nap. Olivia is smart, smarter than I want her to be sometimes, if you know what I mean. She can tell you any letter of the alphabet when she sees it, shows the OCD in her when she matches colors, can count to three, and pretends to know the color names. She loves music and knows exactly which props go with each song in music class. She is definitely a creature of habit and has to do things a certain way, such as, which drinks go in which sippys. I love her spunk and energy as she can run circles around anyone. He favorite place to be is the play set at any park. She loves to play with her besties, Olivia and Sean. Though they can fight as well as they play, she is always excited when she sees we are near their houses. Her grandparents are not as close as we would love for them to be, and Olivia loves when they come to visit. When they are not near, she finds their pictures in her scrapbooks, points to their faces, says their names ("ama" or "apa"), says "bye-bye" "a plane," and blows them kisses. Henry loves his big sister. He watches her and smiles as she plays close by. Olivia can be as gentle as a steamroller, but when Henry is around, she always takes special care to be gentle. She loves to give her little brother kisses and makes sure she helps take care of him too. Olivia loves her Daddy and squeals with excited when she hears him comes in the door from work. They love to play, chase, laugh, and talk together. She and I learn from each other every day, and I'd like to think she loves me almost as much as I love her. I have loved my two years with Olivia and am so happy God chose me to be her mother!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Getting to Know You